Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Work in The Lineup: Poems on Crime

The other anthology shoe has dropped, in a good way.


My poem "From a Deposition" is one among many by more than two dozen poets in Issue #4 of The Lineup: Poems on Crime, edited by Gerald So.


I am grateful and amazed to see my own work in the volume as poems by far better-known writers such as crime novelists Ken Bruen and Reed Farrel Coleman, and poets Randall Watson and Charles Harper Webb.


If you're trying to convince someone that poetry touches on real life and real people, you may want to share this collection. It includes vice, theft, muggings, murder and post-traumatic stress disorder, all in language that is moving as well as accessible.


As a man once said to me while he was trying to sell me a possibly gold chain in Chicago, "Don't cheat yourself, treat yourself."

3 comments:

Gerald So said...

Thanks for the plug, J.D. Glad to have your work in The Lineup. I'll link to and post an excerpt of this entry on the Poetic Justice Press blog.

Sue Guiney said...

Way to go, my friend!

J.D. Smith said...

Gerald: Thank you very much.

You've brought a lot of pageviews this way.

Sue: Thank you. And thank you also for being the first pageview and commenter from Cambodia. I'll have to work on a prize.

Continued good luck on the tour for A Clash of Innocents.