Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Free Reading from New Zealand

In case you are looking for a little free reading, I would direct your attention to my recently published poem "The Golem's Soul," published online here and originally printed in Junctures: The Journal for Thematic Dialogue, an interdisciplinary publication from Otago Polytechnic in Dunedin, New Zealand.

Writing about legends runs the risk of merely repeating an interesting story, but I'd like to think I have done something a little bit different. Time will tell.




http://www.thefreelibrary.com/The+Golem's+Soul.-a0191350993

2 comments:

Sue Guiney said...

fascinating, and beautifully wrought, JD. I read it several times, and I must admit I didn't quite get it at first reading, but I got enough of it to know I wanted to go back and read again. Then the unwrapping began....thanks.

J.D. Smith said...

Thanks for reading, Sue, and for the kind words.

It's a strange poem, and one that's unlikely to make its way onto a greeting card any time soon. When I'm not considering mariachis I tend to be something of a brooding Central European intellectual.