Monday, August 2, 2010

Back In the Saddle

This blog has been quiet for a while, but now I am back in the saddle again, with quite a bit to report.

First, I am pleased to note that my poem "Carpe, Carpe" was selected for the Goodreads June newsletter, which is sent to more than a million subscribers. I am very grateful for the comments I have received.

Also in June, my short story "Fighting Words" appeared in CellStories, which can only be accessed by mobile phone. This fiction-only wireless journal is the creation of Daniel Sinker, formerly of Punk Planet.

More recently, my poem "Washington Memoir" appears in the 2010 issue of Bumbershoot, the humor wing of Kate Bernadette Benedict's journal Umbrella.

In other new releases, my one and only vampire story, "Exit Interview" (sampled in the preceding link) appears in the current issue of Australia's Skive Magazine.

Finally, I am pleased to say that director Joshua Caldwell has renewed his option to adapt my one-act play "Dig" to film, and he is presently working on a new draft of the screenplay.

There will be more about the stage version of "Dig" shortly, as well as other summer doings, with a few more announcements after that.

The late summer and much of the fall promise to be harvest time indeed.




1 comment:

Sue Guiney said...

Lots of great news. And I just started to read Joshua's blogs about turning Dig into a screenplay. I left him a comment to say hi.