Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Skin in the Game

As noted in my previous post, director Joshua Caldwell is using creative project funding platform Kickstarter to support the film adaptation of my one-act play "Dig", which was produced by CurvingRoad at London's Old Red Lion Theatre in June of 2010.

I realized, though, that the appeal could become more credible by having skin in the game. With that in mind, I am now one of the film's backers and not just someone passing the hat. It would be indiscreet to mention the exact amount, but it is safely above the $1 minimum pledge.

I will name others backers in this space only if I have their permission first, but I can say that those I know include two UK-based writers and a friend I have known since high school.

If you want to know more about what is going on, I invite you to take a look at the Dig Short Film website, which went online in the last couple of days and is being frequently updated. You may also want to check out this post on Joshua's blog Hollywood Bound and Down.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask them in the comments.

No comments: