Tuesday, August 18, 2009

New Poems in Light Quarterly

As noted in the January 24 post, I believe the world needs more light verse, and sometimes I attempt to provide a bit of my own.

With this in mind, I am pleased to announce that some of my work appears in the current double issue of Light Quarterly, the leading journal of light verse in English. Editor John Mella and colleagues have kindly featured my poem "The Jellyfish" at the bottom of the page announcing the current issue.

The issue also includes two of an ongoing series of critterhews, my own variation on the clerihew that uses the name of an animal instead of a person. I have compiled enough for an abecedary, including the letter X, and hope to have them eventually published as a book or book section.

One example, previously published in The Other Herald, is the following:

Garfish
May not look like but are fish.
Shaped like needles and spears,
They devour their piscine peers.

That is also based on fact.

No comments: