Monday, August 10, 2009

Two Poems in Anon

Delayed by other doings this summer, only now am I mentioning that two of my poems, "Fragment from Zeno" and "Heart," appear in Issue 6 of Anon, a Scottish poetry journal that draws its name from an anonymous submissions process designed to reduce the amount of logrolling, backscratching and all-around cronyism in the poetry world. Poets' identities are known to the editors only after their work is accepted.

Launched July 9 at the Scottish Poetry Library in Edinburgh, Issue 6 will also be featured in an August 16 event at Edinburgh's West Port Book Festival, which will overlap with several days of the world-famous Edinburgh Fringe Festival. I won't be attending, alas, but I will be anxiously awaiting word of how the festivities go.

A sample of the issue, including "Heart," is available here, and an audio file of "Fragment from Zeno" read by Ishbel McFarlane can be found here.

3 comments:

Christopher Pimental said...

As usual, cool doings, JD. Keep ascending, brother.

Anonymous said...

I hadn't heard of Anon, though I try to keep a list of literary journals, and now I'm SMITten. I love the concept. Congratulations, JD.

J.D. Smith said...

Chris: Thank you very much. There will be another publication notice, also belated, in the days ahead.

Robin: Good to hear from you. Anon reminds me of the love of art that is or should be at the core of everything else we do in poetry.